Biweekly e letter January 7, 2018
Greetings and Welcome to 2018,
Here's the biweekly report of local, state and national items of interest that affect your business, the building industry and our association.
Blair/ Bedford Builders Association
If you are having trouble viewing this email, please visit our website: http://www.blairbedfordbuilders.com
Other websites to visit that contain valuable information as well as discounts and rebate programs with various vendors & suppliers:
Pennsylvania Builders Association: http://www.pabuilders.org/
National Association of Home Builders: http://www.nahb.org/
Headlines & Announcements:
~~~Home & Garden Show 2018 is quickly approaching~~~
Support the community, the Blair Chamber and the BBBA and reserve a booth for the 2018 Home & Garden Show to be held at the Jaffa Shrine on March 2nd, 3rd & 4th. You can reserve a booth by contacting Stacy at the Chamber Office: 814.943.8151. Or email her: firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, why not become a Show Sponsor for an Investment of $2000. There are three spaces left and here's what you get:
Company name/logo on all promotional and marketing materials including but not limited to:
television commercials, radio commercials, newspaper advertisements, event emails, website
and social media.
Company acknowledged during the show hours over the PA System
One FREE Booth (10x10)
Your company banner hung on the front of the Jaffa Shrine the week of the show
Acknowledgement in Business Bulletin ‘Chamber All-Star' monthly sponsor list
One free Chamber Privilege Page insertion
Four passes to Blair-Bedford Builders Association Steak Fest
Once again, contact Stacy at the above listings. Better hurry, booth spaces are filling up fast.
First Quarter Calendar of Events
Please see the list below for BBBA events for January, February and March of 2018. Events are also posted on our website.
Fax your PA ONE CALL Invoices
To the BBBA office at: 814.693.9712 for payment. DO NOT pay direct. We will verify your membership status and forward to the PBA Office for payment. If you pay your invoice direct to the PA ONE CALL address - we will not be able to get reimbursement for you.
~~~New information and websites for the different rebate programs available to builder members~~~
1) National Purchasing Partners (NPP) Program - Look what's been added - Read the List Below
The NPP serves over 130,000 member organizations and is one of the largest group purchasing organizations in the nation. Receive discounts from: Verizon wireless, Fastenal; Staples; Office Depot; YRC Freight; Best Buy; Sherwin-Williams; Airgas; Impac; Expedia; Legal Zoom; 1-800-flowers; LifeLock
Registration is free and easy, simply visit: https://associations.mynpp.com/myNPP/memberSavings.xhtml?guid=9707AVIR and navigate their website to see what the program is all about.
2) You can also participate in another rebate program when you make purchases through companies such as: ThermaTru Doors, ClosetMaid, Fypon, Jacuzzi, Heatilator, TimberTech, Honeywell, Velux, Bilco, Clopay and many other manufacturers. This is a member benefit that doesn't get much easier. To learn more about the program, visit the website: www.pbarebates.com (Please note this is a new website, much easier to navigate and more information.)
3) A large part of your membership is the vast amount of benefits and discounts available at each level within the federation. Be sure to take a look at all of the different opportunities offered through the NAHB Member Advantage Program - you won't find deals this good anywhere else.
Thanks to the following Companies who have renewed their membership in the BBBA:
Keystone Connect; Montgomery Brothers Plumbing & Heating, LLC
For more than a decade, the Pennsylvania Builders Association has offered workers compensation insurance to its
members through a competitive group program.
This program is underwritten by Eastern Alliance Insurance Group and offers our members the following great benefits:
* Competitive Rates
* Stable Pricing
* Superior Claims Handling
* Possible Dividends
* Parallel Pay - Pay as you go billing.
* No charge for subcontractors who carry at least $300,000 in General Liability Coverage in
For more info, please contact our Program Administrator - McConkey Insurance & Benefits - Erica Grimm at
(717) 505-3144, email@example.com or look at their website at http://www.ekmcconkey.com/pba.htm.
Also, as a member of the Blair/Bedford Builders Association you have access to the Pennsylvania Builders Association Health Care Insurance Program
For more information on the Health Care Program visit: http://www.PBIPonline.com
EVENTS & DATES: (Reservations are required for all events.)
~~~January - February - March Calendar of Events~~~
January 30th: Board Meeting, 5:30p at Marzoni's on Patchway Road
February 6th: General Membership Meeting, Registration 6:00p at the U S Hotel. Please join us as we will have
our new Officers & Directors take the oath of office for 2018. We will also have a signup sheet
to volunteer for committees for 2018.
February 27th: Board Meeting, 5:30p at Marzoni's on Patchway Road
March 2nd, 3rd, 4th: Home & Garden Show at the Jaffa Shrine. Please see above for participation details.
March 6th: General Membership Meeting, Registration 6:00p at the U S Hotel
March 27th: Board Meeting, 5:30p at Marzoni's on Patchway Road
**Reservations are a must - four convenient ways to register:
1. Phone (814) 693-9710
2. Fax (814) 693-9712
3. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Online at http://www.blairbedfordbuilders.com/event_signup/index.php?catalogid=1
Remember, if you make a reservation for an event and do not cancel it 48-hours prior to the event, you will be billed.
Famous Quotes: "The shortest distance between two people is a smile."
--- BBBA ---